Summertime is arriving and it is quite natural to see changes in our body and skin during this time. No matter whether you live in plains or at hills or coastal areas, your skin and body start reacting differently during this season. And that is why; your skin needs extra care during summers. It is being said that out of all the seasons, this is the peak time for your skin problems to arrive. It can be the redness on the skin, rashes, bumps, and many other skin problems. If you are also worried about summer skin problems, then stop doing it now. As you can keep them away, by using the tips we are sharing below.
These tips are quite helpful in fixing your summer woes and you can have glowing skin with ease. If you are planning to go out on a vacation or want to enjoy some beach time, go for it. Now, let’s know about the common summer skin problems and how to prevent them.
This isn’t surprising, as with all the dirt, oily skin, and sweat, acne breakout is common. If you already know that you have oily skin or acne-prone skin then take care of it in advance. You can make use of some remedies or take precautions to avoid acne. Like:
- Do not wipe off your face using the same hand towel or handkerchief again, as they contain bacteria and dust.
- Avoid using heavy makeup or oily moisturizer on your face.
- Make use of oil-free scrubs to exfoliate and unclog the pores.
- If you already have acne breakouts, then use a face mask made of apple cider vinegar and fuller’s earth. Use one spoon of each and leave it on your face for around 15 to 20 minutes. It helps in absorbing the excess oil and cleans the dirt from the face.
Hives and Skin Rashes
People, who are allergic to Sun, face these types of skin problems a lot during summers. Your skin may turn red because of the rashes. Or it may start itching also due to the hives. You may also notice some summer bumps on your skin, due to these skin problems. So here are the ways, how you can avoid them.
- Try to cover up your skin when going out during summers.
- Do not expose your skin to the Sun; else you will face such skin problems.
- Wear scarfs or shades or take an umbrella, to avoid the sun rays.
- As it is about skin allergies, so instead of trying any home remedy, we suggest that see a dermatologist. They will be able to examine it properly and will help you with the right skin treatment.
Insects and Bug Bites
The arrival of summers means, the arrival of insects and bugs too. Bug and insect bites not only cause skin problems. But they can also make one fall sick because of Dengue or Zika like disease. The bites of these insects and bugs cause irritation and redness on the skin. But, you can handle this summer skin problem too with the help of tips we are sharing below.
- Do not rub or scratch the affected area, else it will cause more irritation and will annoy you.
- Make use of ice packs around the area. It helps in cooling down the inflammation and irritation that is occurring due to bug bites.
- Go and see a skin expert if you are facing constant irritation. You can also ask the skin expert to help you know about insect repellent according to your skin.
This is another common summer skin problem faced by many people. In heat rash, the skin develops red bumps either on the neck or on the back or arms also. They look like rashes and cause itching also along with a prickly sensation. Here, are the things that you can do to treat this skin problem.
- Take shower with cold water as it helps in reducing them.
- Avoid wearing tight or body-hugging clothes. Also, do not wear the same sweaty clothes again, as that also causes heat rash.
- Make use of cool yogurt by applying it to heat rash. Then wash it away with water after some time.
- Usually, the heat rash goes away by itself. But if they are there for long, see a dermatologist to get the remedy.
With the help of all these tips, it is easy to deal with skin problems that occur in the summer season. But, if you face other skin problems, see a skin expert for the cure. You can visit Aesthetica 360, as they have certified skin experts who are treating skin problems for many years.