Taxi booking apps are booming, and taxi companies are looking forward to transforming their business into an app. However, taxi booking app development is not an enormous task. In fact, the task is simple for developers who have experience in this field.
However, the taxi booking app market is an ever-changing environment, with companies constantly in competition. So, if a company wants to gain ground, they need to consider every detail of the taxi booking experience they offer.
For a taxi booking app to succeed in the market in 2022, it must have many customer-focused and serviceable features. And today we’re going to explain them to you.
The Potential Marketplace for Taxi Booking Apps in 2022
“The taxi booking app market is HUGE!” Everyone knows that, and it is the reason taxi apps have become so popular in recent years. With the increased demand for this kind of transportation, it makes sense that people outside of major cities would want to access such service from their mobile devices. Back in 2014, Google reported that over 20% of taxi booking app sessions actually came from smartphone users.
Here is a market analysis showing how taxi app technology has grown in recent years and where the industry is today.
- According to Statista, the global market volume of taxi services is over 18.7 million rides a day. As the number of smartphones in circulation grows, these services are likely to become more popular in the years ahead.
- The taxi industry is still at its infant stage and Ola and Uber control less than 5% of the vehicles. However, it is growing at a steady pace and is expected to account for 10% of all taxis by 2024.
- Uber is earning 20-30% on every ride booked using the app. The app’s market value is expected to reach $230 billion by 2023, making it a very profitable company.
Some of the Frequent Challenges People Dealt with
In their current state, popular ride-sharing services have a lot in common with taxi booking apps. However, there are certain issues that are preventing them from becoming superior to the competition. If these problems were resolved and the apps better adapted to their users’ needs, it is likely that customers would prefer these apps over others.
- When customers book a ride, finding a suitable ride should take only a specific period. If it takes longer than this, the customer should receive notifications that let them know they need to take action for their ride to be found.
- People are sick of drivers canceling their rides after confirming the booking. Therefore, it would be wise to set up the app in a way that drivers cannot cancel rides once they’ve accepted them unless there is an emergency. This would resolve the problem of drivers canceling rides after accepting them.
- Taxi booking apps are not available in remote areas, so there is a need for taxi services in those areas. However, taxi services by themselves do not offer passengers last-mile connectivity on the back of the ride. If online taxi booking apps offered last-mile connectivity services, they can accumulate a much wider audience.
Developing a Taxi Booking Application Involves Several Key Considerations
To create a taxi booking app that rakes in millions of dollars in revenue, you’ll need to consider a series of key aspects. While it’s not an exhaustive list, these are the areas that you’ll want to focus on during development.
- Registration and Profile Building
A taxi app has to be flawless for customer service. That’s why an essential part of taxi app development is a social media registration option for users — it allows them to add their profile using nothing but their Facebook details, rather than having to re-enter their contact information for each time they use the app.
- Determining the User Location
Taxi booking applications revolve around GPS services. Uber-like taxi apps are largely built around GPS services, meaning drivers can be pinged in the nearby area of a customer request and accept rides accordingly. In addition, passengers are connected with drivers in real-time by the location information pulled from GPS.
- Push Notifications
Using the Push Notifications feature, customers can stay up to date on their ride bookings. Customers can also receive notifications in the following instances.
- Once booking the ride, the customers can be sent notifications regarding the vehicles scheduled. Also, one can notify users of the driver’s details as well.
- As the driver approaches the customer’s location, the users are notified.
- Occasionally, customers are notified when a driver cancels a ride.
- Secure Payment Methods
Keep it simple with the payment modes. Financial transactions are sensitive, and the security of a customer’s personal information is paramount. It is easy to encourage customers to use a reliable payment gateway. If customers have peace of mind that their payment details are secure, they will feel more comfortable in the booking.
High-tech Features to Include in the Taxi App Development Process
With the following features, the taxi booking app can offer better ride services for its customers:
- Driver’s Report
An extensive in-app report that allows drivers to view all rides for a time frame. In this report, you will track violations of traffic rules or customer complaints, as well as any other per-ride details, including earnings, distance traveled, and wait time.
- Route Optimization Panel
To offer a superior level of efficiency and reliability, the app should take the quickest route between the customer and driver. Doing so will increase customer trust in the application and its ability to provide quick, reliable rides.
- Driver Destination
If a driver gets a ride from the previous drop-off point, he can easily pick up the next ride. This will lessen the time taken for customers to process requests, and also allow drivers to serve more customers.
- Heat Maps
Drivers can see popular pickup zones in real-time thanks to the heat map that helps them get more requests.
To sum up, the taxi market will be worth $334.5 billion in 2023 and reached a CAGR of 19.08% from 2020 to 2025, according to Mordor Intelligence. Once the global economic crisis is over and consumers regain confidence, the taxi industry will experience steady growth, and entrepreneurs can capitalize on this lucrative opportunity with help of a taxi booking app in 2022.