Are you planning on building your dream house? The construction of any building structure needs building materials. A wide range of building materials is available for construction in the market. However, the choice of construction materials can influence the original cost and maintenance.
Plus, it also determines the durability, and appearance of your project. So, the most important task before starting your dream project is selecting the construction materials.
Here are the types of building materials used in construction:
Cement acts as a binder. It sets, hardens, and adheres to other materials to bind them together. Thus, it is a basic material for all types of construction. Including your houses, roads, schools, and hospitals. Besides, it is also used for decorative applications on your floors, driveways, etc.
Cement is one of the most reliable construction and building materials. Due to its wide range of uses and applications:
- Cement is used to prepare cement mortar. It gives a smooth finish to your building structure.
- It has high resistance against heat and fire. Thus, ensuring the longevity and durability of your construction project.
- It is acid-resistant. Thus, making it useful for the construction under sewage structures and marine conditions.
- Concrete Admixtures
Concrete is a composite material. It contains aggregates like sand and crushed stone. They are bound together with a binder such as cement to form concrete admixtures. So, you can use concrete admixtures to either speed up or slow down the hardening process.
The properties and advantages of concrete admixtures include:
- Concrete admixtures have remarkably high tensile strength.
- You can use it to reduce the permeability of your building.
- It enhances the durability of your concrete structures.
- You can also use it to enhance the properties of concrete.
- You can also use it to reduce the cost of construction and ensure the quality of concrete. Especially during mixing, placing, curing, and transporting in adverse weather conditions.
- Dry Mix Mortars
Dry mix mortar is a mixture of raw materials in dry form. You can also add additives and polymers to enhance its specific properties. However, it is the most versatile materials used for construction. As it provides you with a stringent building structure due to its excellent technical properties.
Dry mix mortar has many advantages including:
- Stable quality, high work efficiency, excellent performance, and ease of operation.
- You can easily transport it through a container where it is stirred, pumped, and applied by a machine. Thus, making work efficiency by 500-600%.
- Dry mix mortar modernizes the cost of your building structure. Plus, it reduces cement waste and project costs too.
- It is thermal insulation and eco-friendly material. Thus, contributing to saving energy and reducing emissions.
- You can use it for better flexibility and water-resistant property.
Adhesives are the binding agents. They bind different materials together while distributing stress across the joint. Due to the following benefits, the use of adhesives is increasing:
- Adhesives help you achieve cost-effectiveness in your construction project.
- You can use it for greater flexibility in design and an easy mechanization process.
- Its high resistance to chemicals and environments makes it useful for your project.
- It ensures the longevity and durability of your building structure.
- Tiling & Grouting Material
Flooring is the most important choice you make when it comes to decorating your home. Because it adds charm to every room.
Thus, tiling and grouting material is the essential part of your construction process. Tiles beautify your building structure. Whereas grouting material is used for its binding to the concrete. All forms of tile need some type of grouting material to fill and seam between the tiles. This grouting material is water-proof. Thus, prevents the seeping of moisture into the underlayment.
Tiling and grouting material is very important for your building structure because:
- It ensures insulation and performs beautifully over time.
- It gives your floors a crisp finished appearance.
- It adds rigidity and strength to the tile installation.
- It prevents the accumulation of dirt and debris between and under your tile.
- It acts as a waterproofing agent between your tiles to prevent water leakage.
- It is available in different colors and shades to match the interior of your home.
The construction industry would be non-existent without the presence of construction materials. But at the end of the day, the choice of materials depends on the design and purpose of a construction project. Ressichem is here to help you – we look forward to working with you on your next project!