There is an increasing demand for software solutions within enterprises in the past ten years, mainly from mobile application developers. Enterprises and corporations, both large and small, are going the extra mile to create a seamless and unique user experience for their customers.Today, mobile apps are a fundamental part of an organisation’s success. To help you take your business to the heights you envision, there are several mobile application development companies whose services you can employ for your business. But how should you choose the right partner to develop your app? And how long will it take? You need to select a developer who understands your vision and can bring it to life.
How to Choose your App Developement Company:
The first thing to check for while choosing an app developer is their portfolio. Experience within your industry or business domain can clarify for you that not only can the developer make the app, but they can also give you the most cost-effective output. If your app developer knows the intricate details of your industry and target audience, they will help you better. You can also get a fair idea by looking at their reviews and customer testimonials.
Types of Developers:
While planning your app development strategy, you can choose from the four main models of app development:
- Enterprise-level (in-house): This includes large organisations that carry out the entire process from start to finish, from the design to build to its testing and launch. This type of app development requires the highest budget of all. Additionally, all the resources used on your project – designers, developers etc. – are enterprise employees.
- Enterprise-level (outsourced): This is pretty similar to the previous category, the fundamental difference being that under this model, freelancers are under contract with the company to help with your app project. This allows more room for flexibility in terms of what you want to get done. You can come with your UI and only get the design done or get it done from scratch. You also get it all at a lower rate.
- Boutique developers: This refers to a smaller enterprise that could only be made up of as many as two people. This model allows the developers to take on fewer projects, but they add a higher level of finesse and specialisation.
- Freelancers: This model relies on a one-person show. This could be an individual or a few individuals who are all-rounders and can carry out all the necessary processes – designing, testing, launching etc.
However, there are very few people who can do all this and do it well. They also charge more than an enterprise would while working with freelancers.
Platforms to Consider for Your Application
For almost two decades, there has been a close fight between two major OS platforms. This has created a duopoly in the mobile and operating system market today. These are:
- iOS: This is Apple’s copyrighted operating system created for the iPhone but has today been extended to iPads (iPadOS) and the Apple Watch (watchOS).
- Android: Google created this operating system. Its code is open-source, allowing multiple manufacturers to leverage the OS for their devices. As a result, over 80% of the active mobile devices run on Android today with several manufacturers like Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi and many more.
Another key player was the Windows 10 mobile OS. Even though it made up less than 10% of the global mobile market after its launch in 2015, Windows is a leading desktop operating system. However, the mobile version of the OS was discontinued in October 2019.
Top Mobile Application Development Companies:
- SEM Nexus
- The Distance
- Konstant Infosolutions
- App Maisters
- The NineHertz
- Mtoag technologies
- VERVE LOGIC
- Bright Brains IT
- RV Technologies
- Quantum Mob
- 3 Sided Cube
- Quy Technology
- Tech Exactly
- Emizen Tech
- 360 Degree Technosoft
- Light IT
- NMG Technologies
Partnering with an app development company is a huge investment, whether you’re an individual, enterprise or large corporation. That is why you should invest your money by carefully assessing your requirements and choosing the company that you are convinced will make your vision a reality. If you keep in mind the different details mentioned above, it won’t be hard for you to choose your project’s best app development partner.