There is always something special about entering a house and noticing the woodwork. Whether wooden floors, exposed wooden beams, or heirloom furniture – the richness of wood draws attention. Owing to the durability and versatility, wood can be used across the house. In today’s houses, the material is widely used in the kitchen. In fact, modular wooden kitchens are very much in trend. Wood cabinets are also preferred by homemakers. They use it not only in cabinets but also for panelling and kitchen islands.
Is a wooden kitchen ideal for your house?
Well, wood is always graceful and trendy. They come in different colors, finishes, and grains. Whether cherry kitchen cabinets or cabinets made of walnut wood, they will certainly make their presence loud. You may find images of kitchens where the space is decked out in stone, glass finishes, or stones. If you’re looking for a modern trendy kitchen with cozy and warm finish, change the entire aesthetic of the space by adding wooden cabinets or wooden cupboards.
Another aspect that you should consider while installing wooden cabinets is who is going to use the room the most. Wooden flooring in the kitchen is a bit tricky. They are not good in terms of spillage. A wooden countertop is a big NO-NO. Pungent and fragrant condiments and spices used in the cooking are not good for wooden countertops. It absorbs colors, juices, and smells while resulting in a memory block of every meal you made on it.
Things to keep in mind
While planning a contemporary wooden kitchen, there is something to consider. Each house is unique. It has its own requirements and habits. So, as it comes to choosing the ideal wood and finishes for the modular kitchen, observe the following:
- Wood is a natural material. It is non-toxic. But it absorbs scents, stains, and moisture.
- The paint on the wooden fitting can be scratched with regular kitchen items.
- A routine polish is essential for wooden cabinets. It leaves the cabinet looking as fresh as new.
- If you have a strict budget, use wood for the outer panelling of the cabinets only. Use steel, acrylic, or glass for the insides.
- Regularly wipe down the surface of the cabinets to avoid the accumulation of stains and grease.
How to utilize wood for kitchen cabinets
- Wooden cabinets act as muted accents – You can mix up the colors and materials in such a way, so the cabinets don’t remain the key event. On the other hand, they will subtly enhance the other features of the cooking room. Walnut Cabinets would be perfect for this purpose.
- Pick the right color that will go perfectly with a modern wooden kitchen – Natural wood lends a natural brown shade to the wood kitchen. But how do other colors pair with it? If you choose lighter wood finishing on the cabinets, you can pair them up with a cream countertop, ceiling, flooring, and backsplash.
- Create a perfect color palette – If you love to work with various colors, hues, tones, and textures, a wood kitchen will be the right canvas to play with the colors. If you choose a neutral tone for the wooden cabinets, you may choose moss green paint on the walls and earthy tiles for the backsplash. Earthy tone always works great with the brown-colored family of wood. So, while selecting a contrasting shade, it would be great to choose natural-looking colors.
These are some of the most important tips that you may follow to create an ideal cooking space while using wooden kitchen cabinets.