Text messaging has become one of the most popular methods of communication and it is growing by leaps and bounds every year. This popularity has given rise to text message marketing. It is the practice of sending promotional material or engaging content via text messages to your customers, subscribers and prospects. If you are interested in learning more about SMS marketing, here is a quick guide to getting started with text message marketing.
What is SMS Marketing?
SMS marketing is the use of text messaging on mobile phones in order to promote a company’s products or services.
This is a cost-effective way of reaching people on the go. It can be highly beneficial for businesses that are looking for innovative ways to reach their target audience.
SMS marketing is also a useful way of alerting customers about promotions and other timely information. Some popular features include coupons and notices of upcoming events.
The most important part of an SMS campaign is crafting a compelling message to keep your subscribers engaged with your brand. So that they continue receiving your messages without getting annoyed by them.
How to Use Text Messaging to Boost Your Business
Text messaging is a great way to stay in touch with your customers, and it can also be used to boost your business. But how to use text messaging to boost your business? Here we go.
Step 1: Recruit More Customers
To grow your customer base, you will want to recruit more people as soon as possible. You can do this by making a list of friends and family members who might be interested in your product or service.
Then, set up an automated text message campaign with Campaigner that will send them content about your business. This way, you can give them updates on new products without having to do any work.
Step 2 – Schedule Regular Reminders
Scheduling regular reminders are the best way to make sure you get your message across. It is also a great way for you to stay on top of things.
You can schedule messages in advance and set them up according to the needs of your business. So that they are sent out at appropriate times. This means that you don’t need to be glued to your phone all day. Just check it every now and then when it is convenient for you.
Step 3 – Send Promotional Messages
- Select a list of contacts from your phone’s contact list and enter a message for each contact.
- Send the messages to your mobile carrier, which will send them on your behalf of you. You can even set up an automated schedule so that your promotional messages go out at specific times of the day.
- All responses are forwarded back to you, including those who respond with STOP to opt-out.
- You can see how well your message performed by checking open rates and click-throughs in online reports.
It is important to continue sending promotional messages because you never know when someone will be interested.
It only takes a few seconds to send one message, but it could lead to long-term customers and better marketing results.
Step 4 – Follow Up On Prospects
At this point, you will want to follow up with your prospects. You can do this by phone, email or through social media.
The best way is to use a combination of these methods, but it is important not to overdo it. It might take some trial and error before you figure out what works best for you.
If a prospect doesn’t respond to your call or email, send them a text message. If they don’t respond again, move on to someone else who is more interested in what you have to offer.
Step 5 – Measure Results
As a marketer, it is essential that you know how your marketing efforts are affecting the bottom line. For example, did you see an uptick in sales following a campaign? With this in mind, it is important to measure the results of your SMS marketing campaign.
As you may have guessed, there are many ways you can go about this. For instance, you might want to conduct an A/B test by sending out two campaigns at once and comparing the results.
You could also take advantage of mobile applications like Google Analytics (GA) which offer real-time reporting on things like engagement rates and click-through rates.
GA is also able to provide data on overall traffic sources such as organic or referral.
Finally, for those just starting out with SMS marketing, there are services like Twilio which offer free analytics tools for measuring things like open rates and click-through rates.
Is SMS Marketing Really Effective?
While the jury is still out on the effectiveness of SMS marketing. There is no denying that it can be used as a powerful tool for promoting your business. Reasons including:
- Targeted: Text messages are a great way to reach your customers and make them feel valued. With the average person checking their phone over 150 times a day, text marketing is an effective way to get in front of your customers’ eyes.
- Creates a Stronger Connection With Customers: SMS marketing allows you to communicate with your customers and prospects on a more personal level, which in turn creates a stronger connection. Using text messaging can also help you build relationships with clients as they will be able to see that you care enough about them to stay in touch via their mobile devices.
Cost Effective: Text messages are the most cost-effective way of reaching your customers. They are easy and convenient, especially when they come in the form of a text message. With SMS marketing, you don’t have to worry about your customer being near a computer or having an internet connection. All you have to do is send them a text message and they will get it on their phone right away.
- Requires Less Time than Traditional Marketing Methods: Traditional marketing methods such as email, social media, print advertising, and television commercials can all be expensive and time-consuming. But SMS marketing requires less time than traditional marketing methods because it’s instant and can reach a lot of people at once.
- High engagement rates: This is because SMS marketing is a one-to-one communication. This means that you are communicating with your customer and not broadcasting the same message to thousands of people at once. People love interacting with brands, which is why SMS marketing has such high engagement rates.
Make sure to update the short message service center (SMSC). The acronym stands for Short Message Service Center, and it is the key ingredient in any text marketing campaign. SMS numbers are expensive, but they are worth the investment if you want your messages delivered straight to customers’ phones.
Can SMS Marketing Work for Your Business?
Text messaging is one of the most popular methods of communication. In fact, more than 60% of people have their mobile phone within arm’s reach 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This means they are always ready and willing to text back even if it is in the middle of the night. And that is great news for businesses.
You can take advantage of this by implementing SMS marketing as part of your strategy. Find out how it works and how you can use text messages to boost your business.
- A person sends a message to your number and the message goes directly to you.
- The only way you are charged for receiving texts is if someone replies back with an automated text or Reply.
- Texts are usually replied to much more quickly. Because there is less of a chance that someone will forget about them than there would be with an email or voicemail.
It is also free to send text messages. So you don’t have to worry about sending too many and incurring charges.
You can also segment lists so that specific groups receive different information based on their preferences. For example, mothers might want parenting tips while dads might want info about the sport.
- Your customers aren’t going to see your advertisements unless they specifically asked for them which means you are going to save money on ad costs. You also won’t need any space at all in order to set up your campaign since all you need is a few minutes of time and some ideas. The good thing about SMS marketing is that it can be done from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection. It doesn’t matter where you are even if you are stuck on a train, airplane, or bus. You will never miss out on getting new clients again. All you have to do is make sure your phone is charged and connected to WiFi.
Use SMS to complement the rest of your digital marketing strategy
It is no secret that the use of text messaging has risen exponentially over the past decade.
SMS marketing is a great way to complement your other digital marketing strategies by sending out timely and relevant messages.
There are two main types of SMS marketing: transactional and informational.
- Transactional: Transactional messages are sent in response to customer actions, such as confirming an order or updating their shipping address, while informational messages are meant to provide updates on products or services without expecting anything in return.
- Informational: If it is a reminder for someone who has shown interest in a product you are selling, then send them an informational message telling them about new offers or events coming up at your business. If you need some help figuring out which messages would be most appropriate for your business needs, don’t worry. There are plenty of online tools that can help. You could try using Twilio, SendinBlue, or Drip to create and manage your campaigns.
Future of SMS marketing
The rise of smartphones and SMS marketing has become a valuable tool for reaching customers.
With the right strategy, you can grow your business with people who are already texting friends and family.
With more than two billion active users around the world. Texting is one of the most effective ways to reach potential customers on a global scale.
Bulk SMS Marketing Services
One of the most popular bulk SMS marketing companies, TxtNation provides businesses with all the tools they need for success.
With TxtNation you can send more than 200 messages per hour and manage as many accounts as you want. Additionally, there are no contracts or monthly fees.
Additionally, there are no contracts or monthly fees. You only pay for what you use which is determined by how many text messages are sent.
TxtNation has a dedicated customer service team that will answer any questions that may come up along the way.
They also have an online account center where users can upload contacts in different formats such as Excel and CSV files. When contacting their customer service department, you will get live support 24 hours a day Monday-Friday (Eastern Standard Time).
To summarize, SMS marketing is a great way to reach people instantly. It is more personal and less invasive than other forms of marketing, like email or Facebook ads. It is also affordable, customizable, and easy to use. Now that you know the basics of how it works and how you can use it for your business, why not give it a try?
There are several companies that specialize in this type of marketing. Just Google text message marketing and choose one from the search results.
Follow their instructions on how to set up an account and get started with sending messages. The process might seem daunting at first, but if you are willing to spend some time learning the ropes then it’ll be worth it.