Hindu Puja rituals involve the usage of different items that are collectively known as Puja Samagri.
The holiest of all is Gangajal which is used for the purpose of purification.
There is Panchamrit which is a common ingredient used in almost every Puja.
It is a mixture of honey, curd, ghee (clarified butter), sugar, and milk.
These items are considered to be sacred and there is a reason associated with using them in religious practices.
Especially Gangaajal and Honey also called “Shehad” and “Madhu” in Hindi have great spiritual and health benefits.
Significance of Gangajal
Gangajal literally means Ganga water i.e. water from the holy river Ganga.
In Hinduism, it is the purest water that cleanses one’s sins and helps attain Moksha (salvation) after death.
It originates from Gangotri and flows down towards the south and the east part through the Gangetic plain and meets the Bay of Bengal.
Gangotri is a Himalayan glacier in Uttarakhand and it is a sacred town.
A large number of pilgrims visit every year to take bath in the Ganges.
Bathing in the Ganga River at least once is a dream of many religious Hindus.
It is believed to have healing properties that aid diseases and give relief. Starting from birth to death,
Hindu households use Ganges water to purify a person and the surroundings.
The remedial properties of Ganges are not just belief-based but also backed by extensive scientific research.
Here are a few Gangajal water benefits and uses in everyday life:
- Gangajal is believed to cure chronic diseases so consuming Gangajal can help you stay free from illnesses
- It treats abdominal disorders, acidity and Asthma too
- Gangajal can be mixed in bathing water if you have skin allergies or infections
- It is thought to enhance intelligence and promote growth so children can drink this everyday
- Gangajal is good for people having blood pressure problems or issues related to dehydration
- It is said to be beneficial for curing eye disorders
- Gangajal stays fresh for a longer time than the normal water
- It has essential nutrients and the potency to kill germs
- Gangajal has the capacity to destroy the pollutant agents
Significance of Honey
One of the five major components used in Hindu worship rituals are Honey.
It has been in use for the longest of times and its mention can be found in Vedas and other religious scriptures about medicine.
Honey is mainly used in Madhu Abhishekam which involves bathing the deity idols with honey.
It symbolizes purity since it is collected naturally by the bees from flowers and not tasted by anyone else.
Thus, every other Puja Item list has honey along with other items.
Honey is broadly used all over the world as per different traditions in the respective religions.
Apart from its religious importance, it has also gained popularity in the cosmetic and skincare industry as people have realized its value.
Among all the pure honey benefits, here are the best ones:
- Honey is a part of various skin care remedies as it gives a glowing effect to the skin and face
- It can be used for fading the scars and brightening skin
- It is good for acne-prone skin because of its anti-inflammatory properties
- Using honey in face packs can make the skin look radiant and young
- It gives great moisture to the skin and works on reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Many face washes these days have honey as it cleanses the pores thoroughly
- It gives nourishment to the skin and prevents conditions like acne
Health Benefits of Honey
Honey is one such natural substance formed by the honeybees that are used in various ways.
It not only serves the purpose of a holy liquid in spiritual rituals but also has countless health benefits.
So many people have switched to using honey instead of sugar in the recent times due to the amazing advantages that it gives to our body.
We have listed down some of the rare and unknown medicinal uses of honey below:
- It has antiseptic properties that may be effective in fighting infections
- The antibacterial qualities of honey help heal wounds
- Honey is a healthier substitute for sugar & can be used for making desserts
- It reduces the chances of having acid reflux or indigestion problems
- Cough can be cured by consuming a mixture of honey & crushed cloves
- Individuals having diabetes can have sweet dishes with honey as it does not cause harm like sugar
- Honey has antioxidants that help lower blood pressure
- It is good for improving cholesterol levels that are responsible for heart problems
- Pure raw honey can also be helpful for treating allergies
- A mixture of honey and some turmeric is effective for sore throat and cough
- It gives relief from digestive problems and diarrhea
- It helps treat skin problems like eczema