Both React Native and Reactjs are important platforms for Web and app development. Due to the sameness of the technology (though there is a vast difference when studied in depth), developers get confused about which platform to use. It is important for senior developers, intermediate, and CTOs, so here we are providing a detailed comparison of React vs React Native.
What Is ReactJS?
React’s core principle is “one-way data flow,” which means that data will only flow in one direction, and there are no circular references within components. This makes it easy for developers to reason about how the components work together without worrying about shared state or complex event handling.
Features Of React JS
Following are the features of Reactjs:
- React provides a way to treat UI as a function of its state, which means that the UI can be updated without reloading the page. This makes it possible to build interactive, responsive, and performant UIs and is easy to maintain.
- Reactjs offers declarative updates to the DOM, which means that the developer does not need to worry about how the app will render on different platforms or browsers.
- Lifecycle methods in React manage state changes in an application and allow for easy testing and debugging.
- Reactjs also offers a render function, which can be used to render any type of data and transform it into HTML code.
- It is a component-based framework that can be used to create complex user interfaces. This means that it has no rigid structure, and the developer can plug in whatever components need to make an interface look intuitive.
Advantages Of React js
Following are the benefits of making use of Reactjs in the development of your application:
- Reactjs is employed in the development of widely popular apps/websites such as Instagram, Facebook, NY Times, and Yahoo Mail.
- The idea behind Reactjs is to create a single codebase that can be reused across different projects. This makes it easier to maintain and extend the application. Moreover, it’s lightweight and flexible compared to other technologies.
- The framework also provides an easy way to share code between different parts of your application through components – making it easy to develop and test your applications in parallel with other developers who are working on different parts of the same project.
- It is fast, scalable, and has a rich ecosystem of libraries and tools to help you build complex apps with minimal code.
Disadvantage of React JS
React doesn’t support functional programming – a programming paradigm that allows you to write code in a way where functions are replaced with variables, and it is easier to pass data from one function to another than it is with imperative programming – the way programmers use when writing code.
What Is React Native?
Features Of React Native
- It also allows them to create cross-platform applications that run on all the platforms with just one code base. This makes it easier for developers to develop different types of apps and make them run on multiple devices like iOS, Android, or Windows 10 devices.
- It was developed by Facebook and allow developers to create high-quality, cross-platform mobile apps in a fraction of the time it takes to build native apps.
- React Native supports a wide range of features, from native UI components to data binding and asynchronous communication.
- With the help of React Native, developers can create apps with low code complexity, and apps are also performance.
Advantages Of React Native
- It has the advantage of being a complete platform for native apps.
- Very flexible and easy to use
- This platform allows developers to write code in one language and then compile it into a native app on Android or iOS.
- A cross-platform mobile development framework that provides a modular and composable way to build native apps for iOS and Android.
- Has a large community, which means there are more libraries and tutorials available on the internet
- Can be easily customized for a specific app
- Lower overhead costs associated with app development due to its modular nature
Disadvantages Of React Native
- Difficult for developers to create hybrid apps that use both native and web technologies
- Does not support web technologies such as HTML and CSS
- The performance of the app will be slow as compared to native apps.
- In a case where a particular functionality is not readily available, then developers have to get it developed by Native developers, which is heavy on pocket
- Only a few native libraries are available
Basic Difference Between React And React Native
Following are the pointers that describe the difference between Reactjs and React Native
- Reactjs makes use of HTML for rendering UI. On the other hand, React Native uses JSX for the same purpose.
- If your need is to build high-performance, interactive, dynamic UI for web applications, then you should opt for Reactjs. While, if you want to develop a mobile with a feel of Native, then choose React Native.
- In Reactjs, CSS is employed for styling. In React Native, Stylesheet is used for styling.
- In Reactjs, again, CSS is utilised for animation, but in React Native, APIs are used.
EnProwess is a global offshore app/web development company. Our company is established with a vision to change the tech landscape of the world by empowering businesses to make the best use of technology in various aspects of a business. For more information, visit our website.