Summary: Are you intending to migrate contacts from your Outlook 2013 account to your Office 365 account? Have you tried every method, yet contacts are left to migrate? For that case, users can effortlessly migrate contacts from Outlook to Office 365 using a manual approach or the Office
365 import tool recommended by experts. So, in this article, we’ll go through some manual methods to Migrate Outlook Contacts to Office 365.
What does it feel to lose crucial business contacts of high-profile clients?
Contacts are a major element of any company organization, no matter how big or small. Whether it’s clients or business partners, every operational framework is totally dependent on contact details. Any important contacts lost will have a direct influence on the organization’s continuity and productivity.
This is why contact management is required to sustain the workflow. Migrating Outlook contacts to Office 365 is a great idea. This is because it assures that contacts are available 24*7 from anywhere on the planet. Let’s talk about the safest methods for transferring contacts from
Outlook 2013 to Office 365.
A. Manual Solution for Importing Outlook Contacts
B. Professional Solution for the Import Process
Migrating Contacts from Outlook 2013 to Office 365 Techniques
In terms of methodology, there are two options for importing Outlook 2013 contacts into Office 365.
Method 1. Importing Outlook Contacts the Manual Method
Method 2. Migrate Outlook contacts to Office 365 using Professional Method
First, we’ll go through how to manually move Outlook contacts to an Office 365 account.
#1. Importing Outlook Contacts the Manual Method
Manual method counts two steps to complete the task.
Step 1. Save Outlook 2013 contacts as .csv file
Step 2. Import option to import a CSV file into Office 365.
Steps to Save Outlook 2013 contacts as .csv file
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your Windows computer.
- In the menu bar, select the File option.
- Select Open & Export from the navigation panel.
- Choose Import/Export Wizard from there.
- Next, choose the option to export to a file.
- Select CSV or Comma Separated Values as the file format.
- Choose the Next button and select a location to store the file.
Steps to Import option to import a CSV file into Office 365
- Open Office 365 application on your browser and log in with your credentials.
- Select Import/Export from the given option.
- Then select the option for Import from another software or file and click on the Next button.
- Select CSV file format in the import wizard, then click Next.
- Select the PST file type from the import option if you have contacts stored in an Outlook data file or.pst.
- After selecting a file from the local system click on the OK button.
- When you click Next, a dialogue box will display under the destination folder you selected. Select the folder where you want to import the Outlook PST contacts.
- Now, you’ve successfully transferred your Outlook 2013 contacts to your Office 365 account without losing any data.
Why Does the Manual Approach Fail?
- Admin permissions are required to upload PST files into an Office 365 user account. To import PST files, for example, you’ll need access to the Mailbox Import Export role.
- If a PST file contains a mailbox item that is greater than 150 MB, the manual import process will skip that item.
- During the import procedure, you must save PST files to a temporary storage location before importing them into O365. The process is extensive and takes many days to finish.
- Importing a PST file with 300 or more levels of nested folders is not permitted.
- Manually importing PST files into Office 365 accounts takes a long time. It can transfer data at a rate of 16.7 megabits per second or 24 gigabytes per day.
- Uploading PST files into an Office 365 account using Drive costs $2 per GB of data.
Migrate Outlook Contacts to Office 365 in a Professional Way
As previously stated, a manual method is not viable for mass migration of Outlook PST contacts to Office 365. And it is inefficient on the ground level for an organization’s needs. Also, the manual method requires you to set up and configure Outlook on your system. In case you are not an Outlook user or if your source PST files are corrupt, orphaned, password-protected, you cannot use the former method. You have to go for a smarter solution. For that, Outlook Contacts to vCard export tool offers great features as follows:
- Supports Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
- Compatible with corrupt, orphan, password-protected PST contacts
- Bulk migrates Outlook contacts into O365 account.
- Migrates all fields & attributes to Office 365 platform
- Converts the contacts from Outlook into multiple formats
Quick Steps to Migrate Outlook Contacts to Office 365:
The following are the quick steps for importing contacts from Outlook 2013
to Office 365:
- “Download” and “Launch” the software on the computer.
- Browse and load Outlook contacts into the tool.
- Provides a preview of the list of contacts with all details and fields.
- In the next screen, select CSV format, give a location & click on Export.
Import into Office 365
- First, enter your Office 365 Contact Group.
- Click on the Manage button & then select to Import Contacts.
- Then, search the .csv contacts you created above.
- At last, select the Import button.
Read More: Benefits of Outsourcing Software Development
Last but not least
One of the most significant characteristics of every corporate company is its contacts. Business operations run smoothly thanks to effective management and availability. To migrate Outlook contacts to Office 365 is the smartest decision since it assures 24×7 availability and reliability. There’s no need to be concerned about data loss or corruption.
For this reason, we’ve outlined two distinct techniques that might be useful for both corporate and home or student users who are seeking a way to transfer contacts from Outlook 2013 to an Office 365 account.