The healthcare sector is constantly growing and evolving every single day. Especially in the modern healthcare sector, the use of radiology has become extremely essential. The entire stream of Radiology Technician Course refers to the diagnosis, study, and cure of diseases with the help of medicine along with technology. The two major fields which are diagnostic radiology and interventional radiology. The two classifications have different roles and functions to play in the medical field.
Radiology is among the most commonly known branches of medical science and it also happens to be among the most popular choices of aspirants of the medical field in India. One branch of the study deals with the specialization of medicine that employs the use of X-Ray images to detect and diagnose diseases while the other one deals with the study of imaging techniques including MRI scans, CT scans, and so on. Thus, if you are looking to go for a radiology technician course, it can be an excellent option.
What are the Different Classifications of Radiology Courses?
Various courses, certificates, and opportunities are available under this stream which makes it a good career option. The job prospects that are offered when you look up radiology technician courses near me are also very promising. There are several radiology courses that you can study in India and here are some of the popular names along with the types and durations:
- Certificate Courses– On subjects like Radiography, Radiography diagnostics, and Radiology Assistant, you can obtain a certificate course. These courses usually run for a tenure of 6 months.
- Diploma Courses– You can get a diploma in courses like Radiotherapy, Radio-Diagnosis, and Radio-diagnostic Technology. While Radiotherapy is a course that runs for 1 year, the other two courses are 2 years long.
- Undergraduate Degrees– You can become a Bachelor of Science and earn an undergraduate degree in Radiography and Medical Radiotherapy Technology. Both the courses run for a tenure of 3 years.
- Post Graduate Degrees– Degrees that can be earned only after the completion the undergraduate programs. And you can get a degree in Radio Diagnosis and Radiology. Radio-Diagnosis is 3 years long while Radiology is 2 years long.
- Post Graduate Diploma– You can go for a postgraduate diploma course in Radio-diagnosis and Imaging Sciences which runs for 2 years. You can also opt for X-ray Radiography and Ultrasonography which run for 1.5 years.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Studying Radiology Courses?
For every aspirant of the radiology courses, they must qualify for the colleges in Delhi and elsewhere in India and meet the eligibility criteria for the respective courses of radiology that they wish to take up. Every individual college has its definite eligibility criteria and the aspirants must check these factors out before opting for the courses.
There are criteria are discussed below:
- Certificate Radiology Courses– For these courses or diploma programs, the aspirants can apply right after they have completed their class 12 exams with the science stream.
- Undergraduate Courses in Radiology– For these courses, the candidates must have had Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their core subjects to apply. Admission to these courses is given based on the marks that are scored by the candidates in their 12th Hence, they must have scored at least 50% in their exams. Candidates may also need to appear for State-level or University-level entrance for getting admission.
- Postgraduate Courses in Radiology– To take admission in this course, the candidates must have scored at least 50% in their graduation course. Admission of courses is done on the marks scored in the entrance exams.
What is the Job Profile after Radiology Technician Courses?
The branch of radiology technician course is constantly in need by the medical fields and it makes it extremely essential for all medical facilities to hire radiology technicians. The reason behind the importance of this stream is that it is one of the only few medical diagnostic methods that enables doctors to take a better look inside the human body. The most prominent job profiles that open up when you take the courses are:
- Radiology Technician
- Radiology Assistant
- MRI Technician
- Radiology Technologist
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- CT Tech
What is the expected Salary of Radiology Technicians?
The annual paycheck of each radiologist depends on a lot of factors and it can alter as per the factors. For instance, the qualification of the candidate plays a very crucial role in defining the salary, that is, the more qualified the candidate is, the better is the pay grade. In addition to that, the location of the job, the experience of the individual also plays an important role. Some of the common salary packages offered to the radiologist:
- Radiology Certificate– The average annual salary initially ranges between Rs. 100,000 and Rs. 125,000. Later on, the mean salary stays between Rs. 1,75,000 and Rs. 2,50,000
- Radiology– The salary starts from Rs. 2,50,000 to Rs. 3,45,000 and can go upto RS. 6,70,000 to Rs. 7,75,000 annually.
- PG Diploma/MD Radiology– Starting Salary is around Rs 3,45,000 to Rs. 5,75,000 and it can go up to Rs. 7, 25,000 to Rs. 9,00,000 annually.