Steps To Connect the HP Deskjet Printer to Wifi
HP Deskjet printers can be connected to a computer via a wired or wireless connection. For wireless connections, it is important to have a printer on the same wifi network as your computer. So, follow the steps given below to connect your HP Deskjet printer to a Wifi router –
- Turn on the HP Deskjet Printer’s power button first.
- After this go to the HP Deskjet touch screen and then just click on the right arrow button, and press the setup option available there.
- Once the process is done then choose the option “Wireless Setup Wizard” from the menu that popped up.
- It will find the wireless router access point in the range.
- Enter network WEP and WPA keys in hp Deskjet. Press the ‘OK’ option to confirm the wireless settings.
- After these steps are completed, your HP Deskjet printer will be connected to your Wifi network.
- The same process will apply for all models of HP Deskjet Series printers to connect to wifi networks.
After successfully installing the Printer on your wireless network, you can proceed to the further section where you can do is to connect the HP Deskjet with your Windows and Mac device.
Major steps to connect HP Deskjet Wireless Printer on Windows
Connecting HP Deskjet Wireless Setup to your Windows system is very easy. Just follow these steps-
- It’s time to switch on the HP Deskjet printer, Windows PC, and your wifi router.
- Make sure that your Printer and PC are connected properly.
- Then, connect the HP Deskjet printer to your wifi network by following the steps above.
- Now, open your browser on PC and go to 123.hp.com to download the HP Deskjet Printer Driver.
- Choose your model from the printer list
- Click on the download option. Once the downloading process is completed, then just double click on the driver software and follow the further instructions to complete the installation setup on your PC.
- Then after that, go to the Control Panel from your Windows search option.
- Now you’ve to choose the Printer and driver option.
- Now from the next appearing window, you’ve to choose the add printer option.
- After this process, the HP Deskjet Printer model list will pop up and appears on your screen. Choose your model and click ‘Next’ and wait until setup is over.
- Now, your HP Deskjet Wireless printer will be connected to your Windows PC.
Easy steps to connect your HP Deskjet Wireless (wifi) setup on your Mac OS
This section describes how to connect an HP Deskjet wifi printer to your Mac device. Just follow these instructions –
- Switch on a 123 HP Deskjet printer, your Mac, and your wifi router.
- Next, make sure that your Mac is well connected with your Printer and wifi router.
- Also, make sure that the Mac and HP Deskjet printer is on the same wifi network.
- Next, go to 123.hp.com/dj and click on the printer driver download option.
- Then, set up the driver software on your Mac by following the instructions on the HP Easy Smart App.
- After the installation setup is complete, open the “Apple menu” and choose “System and Preferences.”
- From here, choose the “Printer and Scanner” option, as this is where you can add your HP Deskjet printer.
- Now, from the window of the Printer and scanner, click on the + sign to add the Printer.
- Now a printer list will open. Choose your HP Deskjet Wireless Printer from the list and click “Add.”
- Finally, your HP Deskjet Printer will be connected to your Windows PC. So these were some of the major steps for “How to connect HP Deskjet Wireless Printer to Mac.”
The above setup steps will help you connect your HP Deskjet printer wirelessly to your Windows and Mac devices.
Also Read :